Certified Instructor *
- Complete the six-hour Leadership Training Seminar. **
- Complete the workbook, A Daily Choice. Each lesson must be completed as instructed, one lesson daily.
- Teach weekly 12-step lessons a minimum of one 90-day session (three months).
- When the above requirements have been met, contact us to request an application for certification. You must provide the following when you return the completed application:
- Verification of completing the Leadership Training Seminar and teaching the required classes in the form of a letter from your pastor, supervisor or group leader
- The name and address of the person or organization that purchased the video training series
- The date(s) you participated in the video training classes
Certified Program Director
- Attain the level of Certified instructor.
- Teach weekly 12-step lessons a minimum of three 90-day sessions (nine months).
- Train a minimum of two (2) facilitators for ‘small group discussion’ portion of weekly meetings (see Q & A booklet). Meet with the facilitators a minimum of once monthly to maintain spiritual and emotional stability and accountability in the leadership team. Keep your leadership team focused on the biblical principles of the Overcomers 12 steps.
- Establish a minimum of two (2) additional Overcomers groups. You are to oversee each group you
establish. Meet with the new group leaders a minimum of once monthly to maintain accountability,
spiritual and emotional stability. This monthly meeting can include your small group facilitators. Provide a copy of this form to each person who is in the process of meeting the requirements for instructor certification. In locations where distance makes it impossible to meet monthly, you should arrange a schedule that fits your situation. If instructors trained by you also become program directors, assist them as needed or requested.
- When you have met the above requirements, contact us to receive an application. Complete the
application as instructed for Program Director and mail or fax it to the Overcomers office with a copy of your instructor’s Certificate.
*Many prisons have successful Overcomers groups led by free-world volunteers; however, it is not possible for those who are currently incarcerated to become certified instructors or program directors. Former prisoners desiring instructor certification must be actively involved in a local church for a minimum of nine (9) months after release and submit a letter of recommendation from their pastor to the Overcomers office. Former prisoners who completed the program while incarcerated should include a copy of their Overcomers graduation certificate, the name and location of the prison and the name of their instructor.
**The Leadership Training Seminar is available in a video series. Prior certification is not necessary to begin an Overcomers group. Groups can be organized and facilitated while you are in the process of meeting certification requirements. When your application is received and the information is verified, you will receive a certificate stating that you are a Certified instructor of the Overcomers curriculum.